Shino Fortune

Shino Fortune
Beautiful Glaze Variations! The magic of reduction firing!

Thursday, March 25, 2010

Artists Statement


This is Chris Staleys Artist Statement!

Kevin Sakaguchi writes about this on his blog!

Think about what you would say in an artist statement!!!!


artist's statement


The essence of making pots for me is about being human. It's about fragility and strength. It's about the intimate moment when the handle of a cup touches the hand.
Pots are about potential.
Pots can create a world of slow time where meaning can be found.
It is a notable experience to use pots that exude the soul of the maker.
All of our senses are engaged in this experience.
Very few things can be touched and leave one a different person. It is this paradox of who is touching whom that gives pots their greatest potential.
As a young boy I often played outdoors and made things out of dirt and sticks. I struggled sitting behind a desk at school. I knew very early that to survive spiritually I had to keep creating with my hands
With technology spreading at a very increasing pace my need to feel the world seems essential.artist's statement

No comments:

Post a Comment